Further to industry feedback, the Green Deal Oversight and Registration Body (GD ORB) is writing to inform of some upcoming changes to the Green Deal Participant Register.
The key change that the GD ORB will be implementing is that the participant authorisation status history will be added to the participant details page, accessed via the GD ORB Participant Register search tool. The most recent participant authorisation status will be displayed at the top of the page with the participant authorisation status history from the preceding 12 months displayed in a table below.
The search tool will, by default, return only participants with a status of “Authorised”. However, a tick-box will be added that, when applied, will result in all participants matching the search criteria provided being returned, including those with a status of “Suspended” or “Withdrawn”.
Further to the above, additional changes will be implemented to enable:
- Certification Bodies to update the Green Deal Participant Register with Installer and Assessor Organisations’ data, which will also include updated details of their associated Advisors, on a real-time basis. Certification Bodies will also have the facility to export a list of their participant records for each participant type along with their current authorisation status;
- Assessor Organisations to update the Green Deal Participant Register with partnering contact, should they wish to be contacted by other Green Deal Participants to develop their supply chain and to update regions of operations; and
- Installers to update the Green Deal Participant Register with partnering contact, should they wish to be contacted by other Green Deal Participants to develop a supply chain.
In summary, these changes will ensure:
- Improved accuracy of the data in the Green Deal Participant Register by reducing the lag of up to a week between the participant details changing and the Register being updated;
- Improved compliance with the requirement that Certification Bodies not engage with Assessor Organisations suspended by another Certification Body by reducing the lag between a suspension occurring and the information being available to all Certification Bodies;
- Ability to provide real-time suspension and withdrawal data to Providers so that they can monitor that their supply chain is authorised to operate under the Green Deal at all times;
- Improved access to the participant authorisation status and service offering history;
- Improved consumer protection; and
- Increased availability of up to date participant data for use by the Green Deal Participant Register’s administrators.
It is anticipated that the above changes to the Green Deal Participant Register will take effect in July 2015.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact the GD ORB Helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org.